This pie is a Bantham family favorite featured prominently in my novel I’ll Be His For Christmas which will first appear in the Secret Santa Christmas Romance Anthology December 2021. Enjoy!
- 1 9-inch pie crust – thawed
Sweet potato filling
- 1 large (about 1-1½ pound) sweet potato
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter – melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Use a fork to poke the pie crust several times along the bottom. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to 350° .
- Pierce the sweet potato several times with a fork. Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes. Cut the sweet potato in half and scrape the insides out into a large bowl.
- Add brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the bowl and combine. Use an electric mixer and beat on medium speed until the mixture is smooth. About 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer and spread the sweet potato mixture into the partially baked pie crust.
- Combine corn syrup and eggs in a mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer and beat on medium speed until well combined. Fold in the pecan halves.
- Pour the pecan mixture over the sweet potato mixture.
Bake for 45 minutes at 350° F.
Allow pie to cool and serve at room temperature.
(This recipe was adapted from Cheerful Cook)